CCNA - Troubleshooting Questions

Started by Vijayb, April 01, 2014, 07:59:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vijayb

Question 1:

An administrator issues the command "ping 127.0.0.1″ from the command line prompt on a PC host named PC1. If an ICMP reply is received, what does this confirm?

A – The PC host PC1 has connectivity with a local host
B – The PC host PC1 has connectivity with a Layer 3 device
C – The PC host PC1 has a default gateway correctly configured
D – The PC host PC1 has connectivity up to Layer 5 of the OSI model
E – The PC host PC1 has the TCP/IP protocol stack correctly installed

Answer: E

Explanation: The "ping 127.0.0.1″ command is used to troubleshoot the local network card and the TCP/IP stack to make sure is working correctly. If an ICMP echo reply is received, that shows there are connectivity to a particular host in the network.

Vijayb

Study the exhibit carefully, can you tell which three description are correct about the ways used by the router R1 to choose a path to the 10.10.5.0/24 network when different routing protocols are deployed? (Choose three)

A – When RIPv2 is the routing protocol, only the path R1-R4 is to be installed into the routing  table by default
B – When RIPv2 is the routing protocol, the equal cost paths R1-R3-R4 and R1-R2-R4 are to be installed in the routing table
C – If both EIGRP and OSPF are working on the network with their default configurations, the EIGRP paths will be installed in the routing table
D – By default, if EIGRP is the routing protocol, the equal cost paths R1-R3-R4 and R1-R2-R4 will be installed in the routing table

Answer: A C D

Explanation: RIP uses hop count as the metric for path selection so only the path R1-R4 (with only 2 hops) will be installed into the routing table. If EIGRP and OSPF were configured on the router, the EIGRP paths will be installed in the routing table because the default administrative distance of EIGRP is 90 over OSPF with AD of 110. The network routers will likely choose EIGRP over OSPF because EIGRP has lower administrative distance value.

Vijayb

Q1: Cisco IOS supports MPPC (Microsoft Point-to-Point Compression algorithm) on one of the following encapsulation types. Choose the correct one.

A. HDLC

B. LAPB

C. PPP

D. Frame-Relay

Ans.: C

Explanation: Compression algorithms supported by Cisco IOS are:

Encapsulation Type             Compression type supported by Cisco IOS
HDLC                                  STAC
LAPB                                   STAC, Predictor
PPP                                     STAC, Predictor, MPPC
Frame-Relay                        STAC, FRF.9

PPP is supported by STAC, Predictor, and MPPC. Compression algorithms supported by Frame-Relay for payload compression are STAC, and FRF.9.

Vijayb

Refer to the exhibit:

What is the operational status of the interfaces of R2 as indicated by the command output shown?

A. One interface has a problem.

B. Two interfaces have problems.

C. The interfaces are functioning correctly.

D. The operational status of the interfaces cannot be determined from the output shown.

Answer: C

Explanation. This is a tricky one, R2 se0/0 is not shown on the topology but displayed as unassigned on the exhibit.

Anthonysing

I am new to the cisco world have completed module 1-3 now looking to do module 4 then to the ccna exam...been doing some practice labs in one of my labs I have created a few vlans on a switch and the corresponding subinterfaces on the router to match those vlans along with the native however the problem is now I am trying to get those the networks of the subinterfaces in a routing protocol eg...rip, eigrp or ospf so I can route them to other routers for connection and communication with the outside networds but no matter what I tried its just now working the routes arent being distributed. So now it leaves me to wonder is it possible to route subinterfaces within a routing protocol and if so who is it done

PLEASE HELP